Sorry it has been a while since I have posted anything. We are doing great! Brock and I are trying to adjust to parenthood. He is doing an amazing job! I hope I am doing ok, all my days are blending together with the absence of sleep. Brandt is an amazing baby. He is very calm and only cries when he is hungry or messy. I am soaking it up because I am sure that he will have some part of me in him and he will soon voice his opinions very loudly.
We had our run in with jaundice for a couple of days. He was on the Bili lights for a couple days but eventually we were able to take him off. On a funny note, the little tough guy decided one day that his umbilical cord should not be attached anymore! I was changing him and took the socks off of his hands to get him dressed and before I could react Brandt had reached down grabbed onto his umbilical cord and pulled it right off! I was so glad my mom was there to calm me down. I thought I was going to pass out! Apparently it was ok to come off because he didn't cry or even scream. The pediatrician laughed when I told him what happened so it's nice to know that other children take matters into their own hands on deciding when it should come off.
We had our run in with jaundice for a couple of days. He was on the Bili lights for a couple days but eventually we were able to take him off. On a funny note, the little tough guy decided one day that his umbilical cord should not be attached anymore! I was changing him and took the socks off of his hands to get him dressed and before I could react Brandt had reached down grabbed onto his umbilical cord and pulled it right off! I was so glad my mom was there to calm me down. I thought I was going to pass out! Apparently it was ok to come off because he didn't cry or even scream. The pediatrician laughed when I told him what happened so it's nice to know that other children take matters into their own hands on deciding when it should come off.
Here are some of my favorite pics. Some are from my phone so sorry for the poor quality. Hope you like them.
This is the outfit that Brock found to bring him home in. Brandt wasn't as excited about it as we were apparently.
Here is proud Daddy getting to hold him. Brandt looks exactly like Brock! I love it! He even has the curly hair when it's washed. Yes he does have hair it's just white so it's hard to see.
Here's Grandma Kari holding her first grandchild. She was in heaven! I was so lucky to be able to have her stay with me for a week after Brandt was born. She was amazing with helping me!
Here he is on his Bili lights. It was so hard to have to leave him in his bassinet and not hold him so he could be on the lights!
This was so funny! We have to soak his feet once or twice a day and while I was doing this we were watching bull riding. He sat and stared at the t.v. for a good 5 minutes without making a sound! He was loving watching all the movements!
Here are some more of Brock and Brandt. He has been such a huge help and an amazing dad!
This picture was taken when he was just over two weeks old. It has to be one of my favorites because of his little smirk.
Hope you all enjoy and I will try to do better on posting.

He's a cutie Camie! Hopefully you're getting enough sleep to function. Those first few weeks are rough.
ReplyDeleteOh Brandt!!! i miss him!!! and you guys!! :D haha but wheres my picture of me holding him??
ReplyDeleteoh i cant wait to squeeze him! i wish we could of held him! he is so stinkin cute and is getting big fast keep posting more and more and more pictures i just have to see him grow and get bigger! Love ya hope to see ya soon
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the new little one!! Being a Mom is great isn't it?! By the way.. you look Awesome! Can't even tell you just had a baby!
ReplyDeleteYour little guy is so cute. It was good to see you on Sunday too. Congratulations!!!
ReplyDeleteI'm new to the blogging. Don't think I posted my last comment right. Sorry. Your little guy is adorable!! Congrats and it was great to see you on Sunday
ReplyDelete